sexta-feira, 7 de junho de 2013

Going to

Future with Going to

Sujeito + am/is/are + going to + verbo principal


Afirmativa
Interrogativa
Negativa
I am going to travel.
She is going to arrive.
We are going to sleep.
Am I going to travel?
Is she going to arrive?
Are we going to sleep?
I am not going to travel.
She isn’t going to arrive.
We aren’t going to sleep.

Usos:

Expressar intenção de fazer alguma coisa ou planos para o futuro

I’m going to eat less to try to lose weight.
Sarah is going to buy some books tomorrow.
Are you going to invite Peter to your party?
Tomas and Sarah are going to travel to the USA next year.
What time are you going to leave work tomorrow? At six thirty.

Fazer previsão de um futuro a partir de fatos evidentes no presente ou previsões  com grande margem de segurança.

It’s very hot today. We’re going to sweat a lot.
Look at the sky! It’s going to rain soon!
It´s 9 o´clock and I´m not ready yet! I´m going to be late!
I am not feeling very well. I think I´m going to be sick.


Exercises.

 Match the sentences:


1.      Have you decided where to spend your next vacation?
2.      Have you made a reservation?
3.      Have you asked him to buy the drinks?
4.      She has a lot to do.
5.      Plans for tonight?
6.      Look at the sky.
7.      She’s decided to have a party.
8.      The test was not easy.
9.      He gave me a fur coat.
10.  He never looks at his watch.
(  ) It’s going to be a hard day.
(  ) No, but I’m going to call them now.
(  ) I think it’s going to rain.
(  ) I think I’m going to fail.
(  ) He’s going to be late again.
(  ) I’m going to stay home.
(  ) Who is she going to invite?
(  ) What are you going to do with it?
(  ) I’m going to see that new movie.
(  ) No, but I’m going to.

Write a short paragraph telling me what you are going to do next weekend.

This weekend is going to be busy! I’m going…




Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário